RSVP & Pay via Paypal link for “Finding Your Voice” poetry workshop here
I’d love to work with you and your organization to put together a workshop. Scroll down for pictures, lists, and more of previous organizations I’ve worked with. When you’re ready please fill out this Workshop Request.
Examples of poetry craft workshops below:
- Pieces of Me…And Sometimes Us – Participants will hear, watch and listen to poetry that speaks to positive and negative experiences of self-identities. They will be given prompts to wrestle their own experiences into poems. This workshop will give participants the space to use poetry to make positive changes within themselves and their community.
- Reimagine – Participants will see images that speak to and challenge concepts of manhood/womanhood faced by young men and women of color. These images will be used as prompts to write poems. Poems that narrate and reflect on the “action” of an image to amplify and expand its meaning. This workshop will give participants the space to use poetry to voice their concerns and help write through the process of becoming their authentic self.
Some of the organizations I’ve worked with below:
- City of Peekskill Youth Bureau
- Boys Hope Girls Hope of New York
- Arts, Letters, and Numbers
- Young Men of Color Symposium
- NYCDOE The Brooklyn North’s Students in Temporary Housing’s S.I.M.B.A. and A.S.E.T. programs
- Harlem Center for Education
- Brooklyn School for Global Studies
- College Access Consortium of New York, Inc.
Boys Hope Girls Hope of New York
Young Men of Color Symposium
Arts, Letters, and Numbers